STATEMENT OF BELIEF
Struthers Memorial church is an Independent Pentecostal Fellowship founded in the early 1950's It has grown from a small house group of less than a dozen people based in the town of Greenock in the West of Scotland to a group of churches with branches in Scotland, England and Wales. We believe in:
- The inspiration of scripture
- The need for personal Salvation through faith in Christ
- The Baptism in the Holy Spirit with signs following
- The need for holiness in the church and in the individual lives of the believers
- The gifts of the Holy Spirit as listed in 1 Cor 12: wisdom, knowledge, faith, healing, miracles, prophecy, discerning of spirits, tongues, interpretation
- The ministry of deliverance
Our aim: The extension of the Kingdom of God in obedience to His will and direction, and the fulfilment of His purposes in our individual lives.
NEW YEAR WORD FOR 2015
In the early years of Struthers Church, the word was given by God to Miss Elizabeth Taylor, co-founder of the Struthers Group of Churches but in later years the word came through the late minister of the Glasgow Church, Miss Mary Black. In 2002 and later years, the Word was given by Mrs. Grace Gault, who is now in charge of the Group of Churches. Below is the Word which was given at the beginning of January 2013 at our New Year Conference.